Sunday, April 23, 2006

The "M" word revisited

Steve Gillard (the 23rd floor pal) posts an excellent rant in his new blog about the 'M' word. As in money, and how to attract (and repel!) it. A bit on the longer side, but well worth it.

new work northwest blog: The "M" Word:
"Moolah. Mo-nay. Money.

I was talking to my Buddhist pal, N, the other day, rattling on about “prosperity consciousness” and how I just want to get to the place, prosperity-wise, that no decision in the ordinary course of things need go thumbs-up or thumbs-down because of MONEY.

He proceeded to give me his standard lecture about how “money needn’t be an issue,” whether or not there is “enough.” From his Buddhist perspective, there is never enough, because even if I figured out how to pile up a billion ducats and guard them with a fire-belching dragon, I would still be miserable, seeing as how I didn’t have two billion ducats.

It’s not about the Moolah, but the energy of high-level creativity often translates into the energy we call Money, which can then be invested in the service of more high-level creativity, and so forth.

I’m sorry to have to say this, but the Artist who consciously or unconsciously looks askance at this energy exchange needs to examine why it is that he or she is so certain it’s all about NOT the Money. Because certain they are, and their certainty will translate into resisting the flow of money. I would even go so far as to say they are really just trapped on the flip side of the coin the Enron thugs were grubbing for.

Can't argue with that. :) Good stuff all around.

Juho Tunkelo